1. The DC Metro is very transient; from where did you move? What brought you to area? What do you do as a career?
I’ve actually lived in the Northern Virginia area all my life. I’ve lived in Arlington and am now living in Alexandria. I graduated school last May, and started an entry level job with a freight forwarding company (…zzzzz… I know). Currently, I’m trying to break into a law enforcement career. More on that later (I hope).
2. How did you get started in CrossFit? Did you have prior athletic experience? And how long have you been at CFSA? What’s your favorite or least favorite workout?
I remember seeing a picture of Brooke Ence and Christmas Abbot a couple of years ago and going “HOLY CRAP, WHAT ARE THEY DOING I WANT IN” and I researched and found myself at a couple of boxes in the northern VA area. I am sooooo so glad I went with CFSA. The coaches and the community are 100% the best.
Favorite workout? I love front squats. Super challenging but they always make me feel super strong. My least favorite exercise is running. I hate running. I would rather Fran than run. Seriously.
Prior athleticism? Yeah, that’s a hard no. I have never been athletic, although I’ve always been interested in sports. I dabbled in soccer, did ROTC in college, lifted weights etc… but I’ve always been mediocre at all of those things.
3. What’s your greatest improvement/achievement since joining us at CFSA?
Where to start?? I can do real push-ups now, I just hit my first 20” box jump a couple of weeks ago, I’ve dropped like 15 pounds since joining CFSA, I was able to feel my triceps the other day (!!!)… I can literally continue all day long.
4. Now that you’ve been crushing it in the gym, what advice would you offer our CFSA newbies? What motivates and pushes you to continually improve?
Listen. To. Your. Coaches. They know what they’re talking about. They will push you when you need to be pushed.
5. Tell us something about you no one at the gym knows. It can be anything: worst job you’ve ever had, the cheat food you constantly crave, the workout you fear most…anything you’d like to share.
I don’t know how obvious this is, but I am a huge nerd. I’m basically obsessed with video games, I read comic books. I’m the person that collects all the pokemon. No one’s allowed to mention this again.