1. The DC Metro is very transient; from where did you move? What brought you to area? What do you do as a career?
I grew up in Florida and moved to DC about eight years ago to find a job. I’m a property manager at a building in Maryland.
2. How did you get started in CrossFit? Did you have prior athletic experience? And how long have you been at CFSA? What’s your favorite or least favorite workout?
I have family and friends that swear by CrossFit—they encouraged me to give it a try. I was also getting bored with the running/ yoga routine I had been doing since I graduated from college! I’ve developed a strong love-hate relationship with the erg. Anything with rowing is guaranteed to be my favorite but also my least favorite workout. I’m getting exhausted just thinking about it.
3. What’s your greatest improvement/achievement since joining us at CFSA?
Improvements in my backsquats and pull ups!
4. Now that you’ve been crushing it in the gym, what advice would you offer our CFSA newbies? What motivates and pushes you to continually improve?
Stick with it! CrossFit is great because the program holds you accountable for going to the gym consistently and challenging you to progress. Those challenges keep me motivated.
5. Tell us something about you no one at the gym knows. It can be anything: worst job you’ve ever had, the cheat food you constantly crave, the workout you fear most…anything you’d like to share.
I love to cook and bake. I volunteered at a coffee house/ bakery for a few months right after college—I’m really hopeful that translates well into this Whole 30 nutrition program…