The second week of the Open is in the books and everyone who took part in it crushed it.
Here’s a recap of Week 2:
- 18.2 was a leg bruising workout of DB squats and bar facing burpees, following by a 1-rep max Clean, all within 12 minutes. Holy leg combo, batman. (See workout details here)
- Intramural Open scores for individuals and teams are up. You can check them out here. Team Little Finger Big Muscle is still in the lead after Week 2, but by a hair. Team Valyrian Steel came up big in the team outfit and energy department and snatched those 5 Team Presence points. They are trailing LFBM by 1 point right now.
- In a much anticipated re-match, Coach Dipo and Coach Spandy faced off Sunday night for 18.2. We had it all LIVE for you on Facebook here (need to be part of the CFSA private facebook group to watch it). If you missed it, punch yourself in the face. The battle was epic: Spandy won the couplet by almost 90 seconds, but Dipo came back to crush the Clean with 225lbs, that’s 30 more lbs than Spandy lifted. The head-to-head score now stands at 2-1 for Dipo. The level of intensity in these matchups has now reached peak drama. They both face off for round 3, as part of the Coaches’ heat, on Friday evening at 6:30pm. Be there.
What’s coming in Week 3:
- Open 18.3 is coming. Word on the street is that it’s going to involve some CrossFit movements. That’s hard.
- Kelli Sil from Remedy & Relief Massage is stopping by again to give everyone free massage work this Friday evening 6:30pm – 8:30pm.She’s also offering discounts to CFSA members on her in-home massage services. Check out the details here.
- We are not going to release any heat schedule this week until we find out what the workout is. Look for it late night Thursday!
In other news:
- Dr Perez-Duran is back at the gym this Saturday March 10th at 8:15amfor more free soft tissue services.
That’s it for this week, folks. Happy training!