Your new Open Gym schedule is here.
You asked and we listened. Starting today, CrossFit South Arlington will offer the following time slots as Open Gym:
- Tue/Thu: 6-7am
- Mon-Fri: 12-1pm (all five days)
- Tue/Wed: 4:30-5:30pm
- Friday: 4:30-6:30pm
- Sunday: 10:30-11:30am
One of CrossFit’s pillars is constant variation. Our programming at CrossFit South Arlington reflects this pillar and aims at maximizing athletes’ general physical fitness. However, we know that all athletes have unique goals that drive them to put in extra work. Open Gym is intended to provide athletes an independent skill/strength time block above and beyond their L100/L200 classes. Because a coach is not directly managing athletes during open gym, only skill work and weight/ power lifting are allowed. This is a safety issue, first and foremost.
Open Gym Rules:
- Basic gym etiquette still applies. Wipe down and put all your own equipment away.
- Only skill and weight/power lifting work allowed*
- This is for members only. You cannot bring friends and family along to work out with you.
- Open Gym is not a coached session. A coach will be on premises, but no class will be led, nor will the coach provide you with a training plan / suggestions. If you have a question for the coach that takes less than 10 seconds to answer, feel free to ask it. Otherwise, please respect the coach’s time. (Need more help? Consider 1:1 coaching!)
- Whenever Open Gym is offered at the same time as another class, the scheduled class will be given first use of the equipment, music, and clock.
- The on-duty coach reserves the right to change or stop athletes’ activities at any time.
- Members must have a Silver, Onyx or Gold membership in order to get access to Open Gym hours.
* Exception made for members of the CrossFit South Arlington Competition Team
See the full class schedule here.
Interested in reading more about the programming philosophy at CFSA? See here and here!