Take your weightlifting to the next level.
Now’s your chance to attend CrossFit South Arlington’s newest and most unique offering yet: the Oly Series with Coach Mehdi. Starting on Saturday August 4th, this 3-week exclusive course is a combination of applied drill work, lecture content and customized weightlifting homework, guaranteed to get you to the next level of olympic weightlifting.
Here’s what to expect from this series:
– Once-a-week 90 minute class with Coach Mehdi (Saturdays 7:30am-9am)
– A focus on the Snatch for all 3 weeks (Clean & Jerk series coming soon)
– Extensive applied technique work to help you build speed and dial-in optimal positions in the lifts
– Short lecture content on the fundamental and key concepts of the Snatch
– Specific and individualized homework to be done during Open Gym twice a week (plus selected readings)
– An exclusive course capped at 6 athletes to ensure ample attention and value provided to each individual athlete
– An online forum/group for Q&A and active discussions on all things weightlifting-related
Need an even higher level of coaching? This series will also offer the option to get video review and feedback on each one of your homework sessions. Make sure to get Coach Mehdi’s eyes on all your lifts!
This series is not for the novice athlete. In order to participate, you must:
1. Have a minimum of 6 months experience with the Snatch
2. Be able to perform the following a full depth overhead squat at 60% of bodyweight
3. Have attempted a 1-rep max Snatch in the past (and remember the weight successfully lifted)
The series is priced at $125. Video review/feedback is an addition $75. Sign up for both before July 12th and pay $180 for the combo (10% discount).
Interested? Submit an application by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your weightlifting experience. Don’t wait, reach out now as only a few spots are open!
A bit about Coach Mehdi El-Amine:
– Mehdi has been coaching CrossFit since 2011 and the sport of Olympic Weightlifting since 2013. Former USAW Level 1 coach and Level 2 certified, Mehdi founded the Last Pull Weightlifting Club at CrossFit Reston in 2014 and coached many successful lifters over a 3 year period. Mehdi has studied with many prominent US coaches including Bob Takano, Greg Everett, Mark Canella and Chris Wilkes. He describes his approach to teaching the olympic lifts as a pragmatic blend of scientific coaching and American-style instruction.