One of CrossFit’s pillars is constant variation. Our programming at CrossFit South Arlington reflects this pillar and aims at maximizing athletes’ general physical fitness. However, we know that all athletes have unique goals that drive them to put in extra work. Open Gym is intended to provide athletes an independent skill/strength time block above and beyond their L100/L200 classes. Because a coach is not directly managing athletes during open gym, only skill work and weight/powerlifting are allowed. This is a safety issue, first and foremost.
Open Gym Rules:
- CrossFit South Arlington currently offers Open Gym slots any time group classes are taking place. It’s important to respect the coach’s time by making sure you’re not doing Open Gym work outside of those class times. (We all think 5 minutes is no big deal when it’s not our time that’s being taken up)
- Only skill and weight/powerlifting work is allowed.
- This is for members only. No visitors or drop-ins allowed.
- Basic gym etiquette still applies. Wipe down and put all your equipment back where you got it from.
- Open Gym is not a coached session. If you have a question for the coach that takes less than 10 seconds to answer, feel free to ask it. Otherwise, please respect the coach’s time.
- Open Gym always cedes priority to the ongoing group class. The scheduled group class will be given first use of the equipment, music, and clock.
- The on-duty coach reserves the right to change or stop athletes’ activities at any time. The ongoing group class may also use up the entire space.