Are you tired of being tired on the rowing machine during workouts? Or do you enjoy rowing and want to get better at it? Well, we have the answer for you.
The CrossFit South Arlington Rowing Program is designed to educate athletes on proper rowing technique and on how to approach any CrossFit workout that includes rowing. Rowing uses approximately 85 percent of the body’s muscles, is highly flexible in its intensity, and is a great tool to build strength, aerobic capacity, and mobility while reducing the impact on the body’s joints. Improving rowing technique can have a dramatic impact on your metcon performance. Whether it’s an AMRAP that includes rounds of 500m rowing or a 75 calorie buy-in, this program will give you the tools to know exactly how to be faster, more efficient and less tired on the rowing machine.
Every athlete in the Rowing Program will get to:
- Develop proper rowing technique
- Maximize rowing power and efficiency to increase power output for better workout performance
- Learn what “split” to aim for, stroke rating to hold and how to strategize your rowing approach depending on the workout
- Understand how to use the Program Monitor to optimize performance
- Benefit from rowing mechanics analysis and real-time coach feedback
- Improve cardiovascular engine/aerobic capacity
- Learn basic maintenance for the rower and how to make it last a lifetime
- Get access to a special Rowing programming track in SugarWOD
The CFSA Rowing Program offers two weekly rowing workouts designed specifically to help you both become a better rower and increase your overall aerobic capacity. Participants in the Rowing Program will meet on Thursdays at 6:00 AM and Sundays at 9:00 AM for 60 minute sessions. Space is limited to 12 athletes and is available to all CFSA members as well as non-members (bring a friend). This 8-week program starts December 2d and runs through January 31st. The end of the program also coincides with the 2019 Erg Sprints–World Rowing Indoor Championships on February 2, 2019 and held in Alexandria, VA.
Don’t wait, sign up now!
Nate discovered rowing through CrossFit. He has competed at the Erg Sprints–World Rowing Indoor Championships in the 2K row and has coached several athletes who competed at the Erg Sprints. His athletes have placed 4th and 3rd in the 2K row and 500m sprint. Nate has been certified as a Concept2 Instructor and teaching the skill of rowing since 2014.
Michelle rowed for four years at Penn State and competed against some of the best crews in the world at the Head of the Charles and Dad Vail Regattas. After college she continued to train on the erg and has taught other athletes how to row since 2014.