|This week is the first week of the CrossFit Games Open and we predict that it is going to be lit. At least at CFSA it will be.
But before we get into any of that, an announcement: We are adding new Open Gym times! Starting this week, Open Gym schedule will be extended to also include Saturdays 9:30 to 11:30 AM. We hope this will provide an opportunity to further practice some skills, especially for folks who can’t make it to Open Gym in the evenings before 6:30pm. If you’re not already familiar with our Open Gym rules, make sure you review them here.And now, back to our regular Open programming …
First, an important note: starting this week and for the duration of the Open (5 total weeks), there will be no L100 vs L200 classes on Friday evenings. All evening Friday classes are merged into evening heats (every 30 mins, see the schedule here). If you happen to not be signed up for the Open, we still would appreciate you signing up for a heat, although you’re not required to find a judge.
For all Open participants, here’s what to expect this week:
1. Watch the LIVE announcement. On Thursday night at 8pm EST, the first Open workout, named 18.1, will be announced LIVE on games.crossfit.com. On the site, you will have access to information about workout details and movement standards. We highly recommend you go through that info (and the accompanying video) before you come in for the workout.
2. Sign up for a heat. Our heat schedule is here, please make sure to sign up for a heat. We would like to ask that you find a person to be your judge and that you add their name alongside yours. Please also try to be a judge for someone else in a different heat (ideally, it’s that same person who judged for you). We understand this is not always feasible for some, so all we can ask is that do your best on this one. Helping each other out is going to make for a much smoother Open experience for everyone!
3. Do the workout! When you come in on Friday, your coaches will lead you through class and provide you with any necessary information for judging and filling out scoring sheets. We recommend arriving 20 minutes before your heat begins so you have plenty of time to change clothes, hit the WC, and get ready.
4. Log your score. You do that by logging in to your account on games.crossfit.com and entering your score. You have until Monday night at 8pm EST to do this. Don’t forget this step — it is how you contribute 1 point towards your team score internally at CFSA.
Friday Night Lights
Each week of the Open, we will be embracing a theme for Friday Night Lights:
– Week 1: Military & Veteran Appreciation
– Week 2: Coaches Throwdown
– Week 3: Competitors’ Ball
– Week 4: Parents Against The Clock
– Week 5: Top 5 Dead or Alive
This week, join us for the 6pm or 6:30pm heats to show your support for those who sacrifice for our freedom and the safety of this nation.
Bring your spouse, significant other or friend along as spectators. And feel free to bring any food and beverage you’d like to consume or share.
Have questions? First check out our Q&A blog post here.
Still don’t have an answer? Email us at email@example.com.