Find out about our COVID-19 safety and health guidelines here.


Use a Consistency Calendar to Motivate Yourself

This is a guest post by Coach Elise Perez.

Consistency is key. We have all heard it many times before. In order to change any aspect of ourselves and our lives, we must repeat the acts that we want to make habitual, over and over again. 

You may feel like you are doing just that, but are not seeing the desired results.

So exactly how consistent do you need to be in order to see real change? 

An effective strategy is the 80/20 rule. 

With the 80/20 rule we are consistent with those acts that get us closer to our goals 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time allows for flexibility; say when you have a pizza night with your family, or skip a training session to spend time with a friend after work. That 20% allows you to have a normal and balanced life that is not restrictive and does not revolve solely around the gym and your diet. 

The best part, if you stick to this 80/20 split, you will not backtrack on progress and will continue to see change. It is all about what you do most of the time, not some of the time. 

But how do you know if you are actually meeting these ratios? 

Get yourself on a consistency calendar! 

The consistency calendar is a fun and visual tool that shows you exactly how consistent you are with doing the things you need to do. 

Here’s how it works: 

Within each box of your calendar, write what needs to be completed that day. 

If you get it done, draw a big X through the box. (An extremely gratifying feeling!)

If you miss it, draw on O. 

At the end of the month, see how many Xs versus Os you have. Following the 80/20 rule, for a typical month (not you February!) you should have at least twenty five Xs.

The Xs and Os do not lie my friends! Literally look at your month and see where you need to adjust, and where you have been on point. 

Download your March consistency calendar here and let’s finally establish those habits!

Related Articles:


Free Intro

Talk with a coach about your goals, get the plan to achieve them.

fill out the form below to get started!

Take the first step towards getting the results you want!